<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 19, 2004

And who by fire?

I have a nine am meeting tomorrow morning of the U of A General Faculties Council Facilities Development Committee - The Most Useless Committee in Existence TM, but the novelty of bloggery has yet to wear off, so I'll make one more entry before packing it in.

Before I forget, defeated Vice President (Operations and Finance) candidate Josh Bazin now has a blog, which he admits that he started after reading mine. Copycat.

Do you know who really intrigue me? People who are simultaneously highly logical and deeply religious. It seems to me that faith and logic are antithetical - one demands that conclusions be reached on the basis of established fact and observations, while the other is content to justify itself with nothing more than claims of a mystical sense of certainty, but I know plenty of people - including, arguably, the most logical person I've ever met - who manage. My tendancy has always been to assume that religion is a crutch for those unwilling to face the more logically likely scenario which includes no god, but is it possible that it's me who's defective, missing the faith lobe of my brain? Discuss. Or not.

Oh, and apparently the U of C S.U. Review Board has forty-eight hours to reach a decision, so I'll probably know the verdict of the U of A's undergraduate business students before I know the verdict of the Review Board.

And now to sleep. . .

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares