<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 26, 2004

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel indifferent.

So I was scanning through all of the blogs to which I've linked on this site, and nobody seems to have updated in a while. This was vexing me, until I realized that, as the late Jesus "the Christ" of Nazareth used to say, "Let he who has posted recently to his blog cast the first stone."

Today, meaning Thursday, has not been the best of days. No details to follow. Perhaps tomorrow will be better. Or perhaps it won't be. Either way, the suspense is killing me.

Things are looking up, though, since I'm about to do my Management Science 405 assignment. 405 is about forecasting, and it's a really cool course (though, admittedly, I've only actually shown up for it once) that brings out the business geek in me. The other day, I actually found myself delivering the following comeback: "Oh yeah? Well at least I can deseasonalize data!" And the hell of it is, I think it worked. I was going to say that things were also looking up because I was about to eat perogies, but I have just discovered that these aren't the potato cheddar nuggets of deliciousness that I'd anticipated.

Also, I'm not going to Vancouver this weekend after all, which means you should all check back regularily throughout the weekend, so that we won't experience more than four consecutive days of readership recession (that's right, Thursday was number three). Speaking of which, who the hell is reading this from England? Get a life! Or, failing that, some fish and chips. Wrapped in newspaper.

Do you know what's fun? Find a song whose lyrics prominently feature the word "love" used as a noun, and replace it with the word "money." Some of my favourites are the Beatles' "All You Need is Money," Jackie de Shannon's "What the World Needs Now (is money)," and Queen's "Crazy Little Thing Called Money." Actually, in the case of the last one, you can replace "Love" with pretty well everything and have it remain cool - "Crazy Little Thing Called Compound Interest," "Crazy Little Thing Called Glasnost," and "Crazy Little Thing Called Cell Biology," to name just a few.

Webboard highlight of the day: Noted resume-padder Chris Samuel attempts to add "pimp" to his work experience.

Don't do anything Pierre Trudeau wouldn't do,


Steve

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares