<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

It's the way you look to a distant constellation as it's dying in the corner of the sky...

At the top of today's news, it appears that, after forty years, the Paul Simon Songbook is being released on compact disc. On the one hand, this is good news, since it is a very good collection of music that has escaped most listeners because Simon decided that he hated it and refused to allow it to be rereleased. On the other hand, it calls into question my rationale for buying a vinyl copy on ebay a few years ago. On final analysis: meh.

Next up, today is a special day because it's approximately the one year anniversary of the day that I swore off red wine forever. In news that may or may not be related, tonight is the Students' Union Involvement Awards Night.

To close, I bring you the story of how I need to finish (and also start) the work I'm doing on GFC Policy for the University Secretariat by tomorrow. Doing this is part of my ongoing efforts to avoid running out of money. Next step in these efforts is to find employment of some kind for the summer.

Finally, a topic to initiate some discussion. Cabbage: an important source of nutrients, or Satan's vegetable?

Webboard moment of the day: Duncan Taylor and I argue about whether "Stairway to Heaven" is about masturbation. Truth be told, I was only joking when I made the claim in the first place, but once Duncan called me on it I was prepared to defend it to the ends of the Earth.

Oh, and I've added a couple more quiz results to the "Everything about Steve" popup, if anybody cares. Among other things, I've discovered that I'm only moderately anti-social. Huh.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares