<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Kelsey, Kelsey, wherefore art thou, Kelsey?

I seem to have picked up a reader from MacKenzie Hall somewhere along the line, leaving Kelsey as the only member of the Lister Complex unrepresented among my readership. I'd issue a call for you Kelsey folk to visit but, as we've just established, none of you are reading this. If any of you who are reading this know anybody in Kelsey, get him/her to visit this blog. Or just visit this blog yourself from her/his I.P. address - either solution will make me happy.

In other blog news, the number of visitors to this one fell for the second consecutive day, after four straight of growth. Either we're entering a recession, or I'm getting duller. My intelligence indicates that those of you who are still visiting are visiting rather often, which I suppose counts for something. Also counting for something (nice segue, Steve!) is that fact that Webboard folk continue to emulate me by starting blogs of their own, with the latest being Scott Abbey. Yes, that's right - they all want to be just like me. Little do they know how many failed election attempts that takes.

So I'm feeling somewhat better (and a whole lot less tired after sleeping for most of the day), though I seem to have lost the power of flight since I ran out of Buckley's Mixture (suggested new motto: "It tastes awful, but wheeeeeee!"). The audit didn't go badly, nor did the General Meeting at which I presented the audit ("Ladies and Gentlemen, it has been suggested to me that I say a few words about my methodology. Truth be told, I just sat in the Engineering Students' Society's storage room and drank Buckley's until the numbers started to audit themselves." They only thought I was kidding.).

Council was less super-fantastic, with nothing truly exhilerating on the agenda, though it did mark our first meeting without anybody taking minutes, owing to the introcution of some spanky new transcription equipment which we lost no time in naming Sarah Kelly. Chris Samuel's Vice President (External) report was a highlight, not just because it mentioned this blog but also because of his succinct summary of the University of Lethbridge Students' Union elections ("the current President ran for re-election, and finished last.") and its use of the phrase "neck-face." In other Students'-Unions-to-which-I-don't-belong-but-to-which-I pay-creepy-amounts-of-attention news, the U of C S.U. will be appealing the decision of its Review Board (yes, the U of C, as a corporation, is party to the action of its own tribunal) to its higher tribunal, known, enigmatically, as Tribunal. If the latter agrees to hear the case, which most observers seem to consider likely, it will probably be heard in early April.

Two budgets, one provincial and one federal, have come down in the last two days. Both, I am told by high-placed sources, contain a great diversity of numbers. For comment, see somebody else.

Finally, I shall be in Vancouver this weekend. Don't wait up

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares