<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans

SCENE: A Friday afternoon on the U of A campus, during Steve's MGTSC 405 class. Steve is playing soccer in quad.
Enter Gary.

Steve: Gary, you want to play?
Gary: No, I can't, sorry. You want to go to Calgary?
Steve: When?
Gary: In twenty minutes.
Steve (thinks for a while): Yeah, sure.

It turns out that engineers at the U of A and the U of C have some sort of "Engineering Cup" which travels between the two cities. Whichever city is in possession of the Cup is entitled to call up the engineers in the other city and require them to show up within three and a half hours to reclaim the Cup. I'm not sure how long this has been going on.

I like Engineers, because they tend to be socially inept males who like math and think that flatulence jokes are funny - in other words, my kind of people. So I hopped in the car, and my planned trip to Vancouver was replaced by one to Calgary. It was good times indeed (thanks be owed to Jen Smith for a most enjoyable tour of the U of C S.U.'s Executive offices) and, though I never did see this alleged "Cup," I do now know most of the rules to the fabled "Hoedown." The first one, and the only one which I can disclose to you, is that you don't talk about the rules of Hoedown.

In blog-related news, I'm pleased to report that this one's descent into obscurity was halted, as yesterday saw more visitors than either Wednesday or Thursday. Also, people have found their way here via Google for the first time, one my searching for ' "Mustafa Hirji" ' and one by searching for ' "Chris Samuel" blog '.

Chris Samuel does apparently have a blog, incidentally, but he has yet to give me the url

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares