<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 21, 2004

My Seventh Post

Well, I'm going to turn it i early-ish tonight on account of being high on both codeine *and* herbal supplements. Before I do, though, there are a few points that I need to deal with.

From looking at people's answers to my quiz, it appears that many of my so-called "friends" think that I have no aversion to hard feelings. I don't want to give away any answers here, people, but I don't like hard feelings any more than anybody else does. I would prefer it if I could, in criticizing a fellow Councilor's arguments, imply surprise on my part that that Councilor was able to put his pants on correctly in the morning, without having that Councilor than hold a grudge. It's not my fault so many people are hypersensitive.

It has been brought to my attention that I don't include enough details of my life on this blog, so here's an approximate summary of the day: I slept, took some drugs, slept some more, read the newspaper, slept some more, sent my regrets for a Board meeting of the Gateway Student Journalism Society, tried to finish typing up the minutes for the last meeting of this Board, failed, slept some more, watched the Oilers game, slept a little, engaged in some internet time-wastery on my webboards and frequently read blogs, and am now posting here before sleeping more. Now that I've provided this scintillating level of detail, I shall expect to see my number of loyal readers multiply accordingly (though not necessarily with each other, except in a couple of notable cases, which I shall not bother noting).

A common theme in Jen's blog is frustration at the number of people who visit and never identify themselves. I always thought that was a little weird, but now, as I look at my list of visitors, I'm starting to understand. I mean, I think I know who my readers in Schaeffer and Henday are, but do I even know anybody in Pembina Hall? Identify yourselves, blog-stalkers.

My comments on politics and current events have been pretty limited in this blog's brief history, so I shall attempt to rectify that with this post. Here is a (non-comprehensive) list of the things that are bothering me at this particular moment about each of the major federal parties:

1. The Liberals:
- Paul Martin
- arrogance
- smugness

2. The Conservatives:
- their entire body of policy
- that they were born of deceit and baptized in Joe Clark's blood.
- smugness

3. The New Democrats:
- proportional representation
- smugness

4. The Progressive Conservatives:
- that they no longer exist

5. The Bloc Québecois:
- their attachment to ethnic nationalism
- their confusion of the distinction between the concepts of a nation and a state

Okay, so ends this post.

Most recent CD listened to: R.E.M.'s "Automatic for the People"
Book currently being read: Judy Blume's brilliant "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing," for at least the tenth time in my life but the first in at least the last decade.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares