<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 20, 2004

So then I sez to the Premier...

First of all, let me acknowledge right off the bat that that title doesn't make any sense within the context of the rest of this post, or indeed within any context at all. It's just been running through my head, so I put it as a title. That's right, I'm deliberately wasting your time by posting stupid titles that you'd have been better off not reading - what are you gonna do about it? Huh? That's right, nothing.

Right, so on to the subject of the post. I've been wondering as to the advisability of posting while inebriated, but my blog consultant appears not to be online right now. A very wise person probably told me at some point to hold off if I thought there was even a chance of regretting whatever "it" was in the morning, but whoever this wise person was isn't here right now. If you'd like, you can leave a message after the beep.

Anyway, this was intended to be a post about the fact that I won my Councilor election ("won" in the sense of finishing first, and not just in the sense of getting elected), which should then inspire all of you to leave me nice congratulatory comments. Then I realized that that might be self-indulgent, so I decided to instead as you my favourite joke:

Q: How do you ask a man who's hard of hearing if he wants to buy a chicken?
A: DO YOU WANT TO BUY A CHICKEN?

It's funny, because the guy's hard of hearing, not outright deaf. Belive me, open with that at a forum and you'll soon be the kind of electoral juggernaut that I am.

It's probably unfortunate that the aforementioned very wise person wasn't here right now.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares