<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 10, 2004

It's another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I got some money 'cause I just got paid


So, Paul Simon Weekend proceeds apace (we're almost into the seventies, now). I continue to use quotes from non-Paul Simon songs to open my posts.

Why this one? Well, it is another Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody, but the heading's real relevance is in the second line. Today, for the first time in my life, I benefited financially from somebody's death. I can't decide how this makes me feel, but I'm afraid the dominant emotion is happiness from having received the money. Does this make me a bad person?

Speaking of bad people, have I ever told you about my friend Nathan? Probably not, so I will here. Nathan is a guy I know from high school who would probably pose a major threat to world peace if he wasn't so damned lazy. And I'm not talking about "plans on accomplishing something on the weekend but winds up spending most of it in front of the TV" lazy, I'm talking about "will not get out of a chair unless you convince him, with PowerPoint slides, of the benefit to him in doing so." Thanks to this laziness, his malevolance has been mostly confined to laughing at inappropriate moments during movies (partial list: the part of Lord of the Rings where they're going to set that guy on fire, the part of the Passion of the Christ where Satan makes his first appearance, the part of Titanic where Jack drowns). Unfortunately, I have recently received word that he has, on his own initiative, gotten out of a chair to think of a name and logo for his political party: the Northern Alberta People's Armed Liberation Movement (NAPALM). It probably bears mentioning that Nathan "works" (the term is used loosely) for the Canadian Forces. None of this bodes well.

Finally, the U of C S.U.'s Tribunal has overturned the Review Board's decision, so the original election results stand. My congratulations again go out to any successful election candidates reading this blog, by which I mean Jen.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares