<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 11, 2004

She called him Speedo but his Christian name was Mr. Earl

Didn't get through much Paul Simon today, so I'm still in the middle of Still Crazy After All These Years. I'm rather obviously compensating by at last deriving my post titles from him.

At the top of my mind today is the fact that, despite the running I've been doing and the fact that I am the slimmest I've been in months, I seem to be budding a rather nice set of man breasts. This means that I either need to develop some sort of upper-body regimen, or have a sex change operation. I'll keep you posted as to which I choose.

I've decided, to my alarm, that the Canadian Prime Minister to whom I bear the greatest resemblance (ideology notwithstanding) is Arthur Meighen, which depresses me.

The last two days have been spent in the company of extensive extended family - my father's side today and my mother's side yesterday. One of my favourite excerpts:

My paternal grandmother: When we were planning [my parents'] wedding, Andy [my father] told us we couldn't have it on a Saturday because Brenda [my mother] was a Seventh Day Adventist.
My mother: Why would you tell them a thing like that?
My father: I thought you were.

Some context: my mother was baptized United, and is now probably a lapsed Christian or an agnostic or something. I've never asked her. My father is an atheist, like his father before him (making me a third generation atheist), though his mother (my maternal grandmother) is United.

Webboard threads of the past several days: the Jones-Knisely intergalactic blood feud continues here (beginning three posts down) and here (beginning seven posts down).

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares