<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

The Almost Redemption of Heather Wallace

Regular readers of this space (get a life) will recall that, several posts back, I charged Heather Wallace with the sin of having loaned me Douglas Coupland's wretched "Girlfriend in a Coma". I am ashamed to admit that I actually requested to borrow it, and that she had in fact warned me of its weaknesses. At the same time, however, she thrust into my hands a copy of Dave Eggers' "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius". I was thinking that it was most aptly named, and would certainly find a spot in the "Favourite Books" section of my Blogger profile, until I hit page 130, and there it was:

"...the unthawing of frozen beef..."

Ugh.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares