<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Your low standards of accuracy make me wretch

So, my entire facade of being well-informed on the issues on which I write has come crashing down in that last post. The fact that you read this blog, dear reader, is proof that your standards of factual accuracy are offensively low. Shape up, Dear Readership.

A partial list of the mistakes made in that last post:

1. The U of C S.U. Executive Cabinet is *not*, in its entirety, against Webboard. The five Executive officers (President and 4 VPs) are, but Exec Cabinet also includes two Commissioners appointed to one month terms by SLC. One of the two currently-appointed ones, Jen, is most emphatically pro-Webboard.

2. It was erroneous of me to pluralize the term "U of C hack". By U of A standards, at least, I am given to believe that Jen is the only *real* hack at the U of C. Actually, I knew this all along; "it might be best to let U of C hacks work this out on their own, to avoid any appearance of highjackery by external forces" just sounded better than "we should screw off and give Jen a chance to fight with Exec for the hearts and minds of the sheep that make up SLC."

3. John Crosbie's conversion was not truly eleventh hour, occurring somewhere around the seven hour and firty-three minute mark.

4. My data series was not exponentially rising, since the exponentially rising portion was multiplied with a constant. However, the function *was* exponential, and it was the only exponential function in the list. On that, at least, I was correct.

It's a lucky thing that I'm difficult to humble.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares