<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

You're so vain,
I'll bet you think this entry's about you,
Don't you?


Late night dispatches from Steve's life. . .

1. For those of you who stopped reading Points of Information after I stopped posting on it (come on, there must have been some of you), you may now return. Having finally figured out my username and password, I am able to assure that that House's electronic halls once again ring with my rhetoric. Or something.

2. Those of you who haven't been following the exploits of Four Bad Men are really missing out. With drama, comedy, and allusions to the smell of cold semen, it truly has it all.

3. Mad props to Heather Wallace and Josh Bazin for responding to my sister's inaugural Webboard post.

4. Speaking of my sister ("speaking of my sister" being one thing that you assholes in the comments section should immediately stop doing), she, wanting as she does to be like me in every respect, is looking to start a blog. I trust that when she does, she will take my suggestion and locate it at http://uglylesbiannunwithaboyfriend.blogspot.com.

5. For those of you who have been alarmed at the relatively small volume of news coming out of this space on my quest for a better browser: Mozilla is faster than Advanced Browser, but more inclined to fuck up pages' display.

6. In the never ending debate over whether my sequence a few posts down actually provided an example of exponential growth, Chris Jones and I experienced a clash of the titans a few minutes ago. Jonesie's contention is that, since I did not open the sequence with ellipses, the implication is that 1000 was the first term, and that this constitutes the multiplication of the exponential function with a constant, invalidating any claim it might have to exponential growth. My own contention - supported by M. Mustafa Hirji, after I convinced him to support it - is that where a given series starts cannot possibly be relevant to its behaviour in a given interval.

7. If any of you are planning parties, you really should make a point of inviting both Jones and me.

8. My cat is about to crawl between the Venetian blinds and the window. This means that ultimately she will exit that space, by crawling between two slats in a fashion reminiscent of the birth scene from Alien. Not that I've seen Alien.

9. My house has received its first piece of propaganda of the campaign, from Liberal candidate Muhammad "Moe" Saeed. He gets full marks for the following passage: "Under the leadership of Paul Martin as Finance Minister, Canada became debt-free for the first time in 30 years. Since then, we have enjoyed 7 consecutive surpluses. . . enabling us to pay down the national debt to an [sic] historic $52.3 billion."

10. Yesterday was the tenth consecutive one hundred hit or more day on this blog, despite it being very poorly written and full of factual inaccuracies. To celebrate, I suggest that somebody plan some sort of readership appreciation party. Make sure to invite Jones and me.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares