<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Three mildly amusing e-mails received by Steve today

1. I received an e-mail from Dr. Charles McVety (hereinafter "Chuck", since his e-mail began "Dear Stephen,"), President of the Canadian Family Action Coalition, who directed me towards the website for Common Sense Voters. Chuck was kind enough to inform me that "Common sense tells us. . . marriage is between one man and one woman." He urges me to "protect the family".

That's wonderful, Chuck, but like all secular liberals, I hate families. Also, given the political beliefs that are ascribed to "common sense" on the CSV website, I apparently also hate common sense. And probably puppies as well.

2. As some of you may be aware, the National Campus and Community Radio Association is holding its annual conference in Edmonton at the end of this month, and I have been asked to chair its plenary sessions (presumably on the basis that I'm the second most qualified person on campus after Greg Harlow, and that CJSR has never been crazy about Greg ever since he tried to shut them down a few years ago). Anyway, details are being worked out, which led to an e-mail from my CJSR contact that concluded with:

"Tiff [CJSR News Director and conference organizational honcho Tiffany Brown Olsen] also has requested you not cut your hair before the plenaries. She says it's a Samson thing. Thanks."

Will do, Tiffany.

(Side note that is related only insofar as it is further evidence of my awesomeness: I've also been asked to chair the Canadian University Press plenary sessions when it holds its national conference here in January 2005. Hopefully, I'll be more successful than the last U of A S.U. VP to attempt to attend CUP's plenary sessions - hack rim shot.)

3. Close personal arch-nemesis of mine Nicholas Alexander Steinke sent me the following e-mail from Sundre, where he's working a co-op term:

"Ok Steve, so here's my problem : I have no idea which candidate is the least stupid in St. Albert. I believe I'm an absentee voter... Please tell me which you favour, and also which you think I should favour based on my brand of pro-public health, pro environment, fascism.

I'm much obliged.

Nick"

Well, Herr Steinke, that's precisely why I post these long, boring summaries of my interactions with the local candidates here. Read this blog, and you'll know what you need to. And if you don't, I'll happily give you all of the relevant e-mail addresses.

In other news, I'm supposed to be campaigning for the New Democrats right now (for ten dollars an hour) but nobody has told me where to go. So, instead, I'm blogging for zero dollars an hour.

Don't do anything Pierre Trudeau wouldn't do,


Steve

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares