<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004

I robbed from the rich - kind of like Robin Hood, except I kept it

1. The news media should immediately stop deciding what message Canadians were trying to send during the federal election. Canadians did not get together in a big room immediately before the election to apportion out their votes such that exactly the message they wanted communicated would be sent. "Canadians" did not send a message last Monday, they (we) sent several million messages.

2. Speaking of news media, it's been suggested to me that I attempt to submit some news stuff to See Magazine for publication. The idea is a good one. Now I need some ideas of news stories the mainstream media aren't covering. Anybody?

3. Speaking of elections (well, we were a couple of bullets ago), it appears that I may not get paid for my work as Deputy Returning Officer, which is mildly vexatious, though partially my own fault.

4. Speaking of getting paid for work, it was brought to my attention today that I haven't bothered to pick up a single paycheque since I started working at Safeway. Now everybody at work thinks I'm a freak. Still.

5. Speaking of freaks, I'm having trouble sharing in the public outrage over the nine month jail sentence giving to the adoptive parents who kept their adoptive children in cages to discipline them. This is probably because I hold to this quaint idea about the role of the criminal justice system being (in order) prevention of re-offense, rehabilitation, and deterrent. Nowhere on there is punishment listed.

6. Speaking of punishment, this post has gone on quite long enough.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares