<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

It lives! If this can be called a life.

I just wanted to dispel any rumours of my demise that may be circulating on account of my having missed my first IRB meeting in my career last night (such rumours did surface after I missed my only ever Council meeting a year and a half ago). I just decided to follow up on a sixteen hour plenary session with a twenty hour nap. It was good.

Here's one of my more amusing experiences from CUP. I'll share more as I remember them:

Steve Faguy (pronounced "Faggy" - you're all allowed an immature little chuckle): So, I have to ask you about your voice. Is that real, or is that just part of the act?
Me: Um, it's real.
Steve: Really? You sound like a young Joe Clark.
Me: Former Gateway Editor-in-Chief Joe Clark? Hey, thanks!
Steve: Say "specificity".
Me: Specificity.
Steve (giggling): Thanks.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares