<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Overcompensation and Inferiority Complexes

The overcompensation comes from the fact that this is both my second post of the day and my second (real) post of the month. And it's the thirtieth. And I didn't post at all last month.

Which brings me to the inferiority complex bit: I think I've figured out a contributing factor in my delinquency. See, while I wasn't blogging I also wasn't blog-reading, and now that I'm blogging again I'm also catching up on my blog-reading, and while doing so I've come to the inescapable conclusion that there are a whole lot of blogs on my blogroll that are just plain *better* than mine. I certainly don't feel the need to be the best at everything (I'd be surprised if there was a single reader out there who wasn't more capable in the field of performing layups than I am, and I'm just fine with that), but blogging, at least within my extended circle, used to be sort of my thing - I wasn't the only U of A hack blogger, but I was pretty sure I was close to the best. Oh, sure, there was Nick Tam, whose blog was clearly better than mine, but I could at least take consolation in the fact that it was so well-written as to be nearly unreadable. But now my sidebar includes the likes of Don Iveson and Anonymotron and Shannon Phillips and Lord knows who else - what chance do I have?

Were I better man, this realization would make me strive to become a better writer, technically and stylistically, and to keep my posting frequency respectable. Of course, I'm not a better man than I am (being so would be a logical impossibility - I just took a practise LSAT last night), hence my recent absence.

More mediocre posts to follow.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares