<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 04, 2005

308 posts on Steve's blog. . . 308 seats in the House of Commons. Coincidence? Not really.

1. The sidebar's updated. I could tell that I'd been gone for too long when I noticed that a couple of blogs had, during my absence, been resurrected from the "missing and presumed dead" list and then, before I returned, earned their way right back on there.

2. I think I need a new blog template. For the longest time I've considered the unrepentant ugliness of my home on the net to be a virtue, but now I've decided to attribute its lack of readability to its poor choice of font and hideous colour scheme, rather than to my overly-prolix ways. I'm thinking that I need a smaller, serif font, and maybe a darker background. Thoughts are welcome, and should be dropped in the comments section.

3. I just sent off my questions (I limited it to twenty-five this year) to the three Edmonton-Strathcona candidates for whom I currently have e-mail addresses (these being Ms. Duncan and Messrs. Wakefield and Dowling), and noticed, moments after hitting send, that I'd neglected to include anything Clarity Act-related. Humbug. In any event, answers to the questions will be posted here if/as they come in.

4. Sean Tisdall has apparently acquired a board game called "Canadian Pie" which simulates a federal-provincial conference. I have no idea if it's any good, but one of my rules for board games is that a bad board game that simulates a federal-provincial conference is better than a good board game that doesn't. E-mail me if you want to play, and Sean and I will attempt to set something up.

5. I really like Tom Cochrane, and I'm no longer ashamed of this fact.

6. I'm getting a cell phone. Further details to follow, where by "further details", I mean "number".

7. I wrote the LSAT this morning. It went alright, but I don't think I'll be equaling the 177 I managed in practice. This is partly because, in the practice one, whenever I finished a section I'd just proceed straight to the next one, allowing me to finish it in an hour and a half, while in the real test they make you wait the full thirty-five minutes before starting a new section, and it's pretty hard to keep your focus for five hours (this included about half an hour during which we were taken through the process of filling our personal information into the bubble sheet. Some people had questions. Inevitably, these are the people who will wind up as our MPs.). Also, I was drinking tea and listening to music during the practice exam, and those fascists doing the administration of the real thing wouldn't let me do either.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares