<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Who are you planning to nuke, Barack?

A couple of weeks ago, Roman asked me who I wanted to be elected U.S. President in 2008. Like most people of my approximate political stripe, I'm hoping for an Al Gore candidacy - as Catrin put it, he might have needed some time out of office to rediscover his idealism, and I think his star is now so tied to the global warming issue that he couldn't possibly serve in office again without taking real action on it, as opposed to the Clinton administration's weak record.

But in answer to Roman's question, I threw out a different name: Mike Gravel.

Roman responded that it was just like me to support a candidate he'd never even heard of, which I took as a compliment. But after his performance at the South Carolina debates, I think more people will be hearing of him soon.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares